The club shall be called “Eastlands Velo” and will be affiliated to British Cycling.
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in cycling.
- To promote the club within the local community and cycling.
- To manage the club facilities.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
- To support the cycling development programmes of Manchester City Council and the Velodrome Trust.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
- To ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
Membership should consist of officers and members of the club. All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of conduct that the club has adopted.
Members will be adopted in one of the following categories:
a) Full (1st Claim) member b) 2nd claim member.
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the committee or determined at the annual general meeting.
Fees shall be paid by annual subscription by January 31st.
Officers of the club will be:
- Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- All officers will retire each year, but will be eligible for re-election.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
4. Head Coach
5. Welfare Officer
6. Lady Coach
7. All other coaches
Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
The Management Committee will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than 3 times per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be 4.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that effect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have the powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary to fulfill its business.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules / regulations / constitution.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearing.
- All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
- The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
- An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
- Any cheque drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Club Treasurer plus one other officer.
Annual General Meeting
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary, not less than 21 days’ clear notice to be given to all members.
- The AGM will reeve a report from the officer of the Management Committee and a statement of audited accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Election of officers is to take place at the AGM.
- All members have a right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum of AGMs will be 20.
- The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
Discipline and appeals
- All complaints regarding members should be submitted in writing to the Secretary.
- The Management committees will meet within 10 days of the complaint being lodged.
- The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
- The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 5 days of the hearing.
- There will be a right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action be announced.
- The committee should consider the appeal within 5 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
- A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
- In the event of dissolution, any asset of the club that remain will become the property of British Cycling, OR some club with similar objectives to those of the club.
Amendments to the constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
EASTLANDS VELO herby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the action of members.